Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Thank you from the benefit walk





Good Morning, Thank everyone who was involved in the Benefit Walk for the Nicole Weed Scholarship Fund. LIke I said at the walk to thank everyone I think the list would be as long as Santa's Good List. To my family, friends, coworkers who are family, the community, We has over 300 walkers come out on October 12th to walk in memory of Nicole. It was a see of lime green t-shirts, smiling faces and many stories that we were able to share about our daughter who left us way to soon. She was there with us that day. I was sitting her at my desk doing some paperwork and I wanted to update everyone on what we raised, Toady we have raised $9150.00 towards Nicole Weed Spirit Scholarship Fund, my Goal was to have 10 years of $500.00 scholarships, today we will have 12 years of scholarships and they will be $716.97 as that is Nicole's birthday. As I sat in Aww of al l the support our family had and the love for our daughter something or someone said to me give that total, it has meaning behind it. So that being said I want to say we are so blessed and thankful for everyone who helped out, donated, walked , made raffles , walked in different towns dear friends went out and walked while they were in Maine at 10am on Saturday, The x-country team ran at their invitational in honor of Nicole and wore lime green ribbons, the junior boys and girls wore the benefit shirts at the powder puff game in honor of Nicole, friends ran at the marathon in her honer. and I am sure there are many more stories. Truly amazing. and what and tribute to a beautiful girl taken from us too soon. May her spirit live on. Nicole lived life to the fullest, go out and watch the sunsets and sunrises, and smile and live life. Thank you all so much for being a part of this great event.

People have asked if donations are still being taken and they are. Checks can be made out to Nicole Weed Scholarship Fund c/o Teri Weed 211 east road Broad Brook Ct 06016









No comments:

Post a Comment